November 16, 2010

Newsea Flower Retexture

*Bows down to king awt* He's cracked the code and so now we can do Newsea retextures! Without him and his explanations this would not have been possible!

However it is very important to follow instructions, failure to do so will result in instant death (or just a dysfunctional hair.) MESH IS REQUIRED I really hate that but it's necessary, I'm very sorry because I know it's annoying but I don't want TSR knocking down my doors *glances about* of course there are always.... alternative methods

Download mesh @ TSR

OKAY! But we're not done yet! You must follow aWT's tutorial or it will not work!

If it doesn't show up in your game go back and be sure that you did everything correctly, I did it and realized that I put the Override folder in the wrong place.

Now we can finally talk about the hair :) hope you like it, I think it's very pretty. Oh and sorry for the lack of updates, been busy. My modeling save-file crashed and I lost all models who were not saved to the simbin (most were very old versions anyway...) so just about every model is new, hope you like them!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Credits: Newsea, Anubis, Shady, Lady Front Bum, Emmx, Lemon Leaf, Subaxi, M.Calero, All About Style, other people whom I forgot....

Poly Count:10,414 (THANKS TUM!)

7 comments:

Shyne said...

Hey Rob!
Can I get some help? I'd love to start retexturing Newsea hairs! :)
Nice work ;)

TumTum Simiolino said...

it has 10414 polys

10414 x 5 -> 52070

each .wso hair mesh has 5 morphs (base, fit, thin, special and fat)

You need to remove the morphs first, or the polycount will be wrong :/

Do the polycount info only with group_base

Robodl95 said...

Yep I completely forgot about that, thank you

Anonymous said...

Help!!! I did all it's written but I can't get it to work. The hair doesn't show in my game. :( :( :(

Anonymous said...

NEvermind!!! I found the problem, the folder was with different name!!! Now ITS working!! yay!! :)

Anonymous said...

So, I have to pay for a hair to get the retexture? Pff..

Robodl95 said...

Like I said there are alternative places... TSR is just a nasty site that I don't want to pick a fight with, sorry it won't be changing (I don't like it either!)

It's also the same way everything worked in TS2 if that makes you feel any better.

I will continue to include the mesh on non-tsr hairs :)